#Makeup #Food #Ramadan #Fitness #Natural ways #Recipe #wedding Dress #Beauty #Hair #Hijab #Makeup Tips and Tricks #Nails #Skincare #Accessories #Beauty Products #Hair Color #Health and Fitness #Living #Mothers Day #Nailarts #Nails #Nailarts #Salad #Salad Recipe #Spring Summer 2016 #Style Ideas #Stylish Mom #eyeliner #hair Mask #makeuptips
Sunday, June 12, 2016
Lentil Soup Recipe
Soup is known to be the best thing to have on an empty tummy! After the long fasting period, all you need is something light to start off your first meal of the day. In addition to its high nutritional value and being low in calories, lentils has tremendous health benefits like slowing down digestion and stabilizing blood sugar levels which is just perfect for Ramadan.
What you will need:
1 Cup of lentil
2 Big spoon of oil
1 Spoon of Cumin
1 Medium Grain of minced onion
3 Big clove of minced garlic
2 Medium clove of carrots
2 Big cloves of peeled tomato
1 Rod of chopped celery
1 Tbs salt
1/4 Tbs pepper
1/4 Tbs of saffron
2 Cups of chicken broth
4 Cups of water
1. Wash the lentil perfectly and put it in a strainer.
2. Put the oil in a medium sized sauce pan, heat it in a medium temperature till it becomes hot. Pour the cumin, stir for a couple of minutes till you can clearly smell it, then add onions. Stir for 4 - 6 minutes until it turns golden.
3. Add garlic, stir it up for a minute.
4. Add carrots, tomato, saffron, salt, pepper, and celery and stir them all together till the vegetables gains the flavor of the spices.
5. Add lentil, chicken broth and water. Stir thoroughly till all the soup components are blended.
6. Let the soup reach the boiling temperature, and then lower the heat and leave it for 20 - 25 minutes until lentil and vegetables are well cooked. Taste the soup then add extra salt (if needed).
7. Put the soup in a serving dish.