I think it is safe to say that we are all on the quest to have the perfect eyes when heading out the door. Whether going for a winged eyeliner, or trying to get your eyeliner to last all night long, there are some key tricks that every girl should know when it comes to her eyeliner. Let's get started…
1. Before drawing your eyes with liquid eyeliner, use a pencil eyeliner to figure out the shape you want to draw first, then go over it with the liquid eyeliner. That way you avoid constant smudging with makeup remover and wasting your liquid eyeliner.
2. If you are out of eyeliner, you can always substitute it with some eyeshadow and a damp eyeshadow brush. Just add a few drops of water to your brush, dab it onto the eyeshadow palette and voila, your very own eyeliner.
3. Use a spoon or a piece of tape to perfect for cat eye look. Just make sure you place them the same way on both eyes.
5. For an intense smudgy look, turn your pencil kohl into gel eyeliner by melting it. Warm up the tip of the pencil with a lighter, and leave it to cool down for 15 minutes. Try it out first on your hand so you don't burn yourself.
6. Drawing your eyes is not the easiest, so if you mess up do not erase the entire thing. Dip a cotton swab in makeup remover and use it to wipe off the smudges to perfect your eyeliner.
7. Do not underestimate what white eyeliner can do to brighten up your eyes.
8. To go for a subtle makeup look, line the inside of your upper water line and the corners of your lower water line. It is the perfect way to give off a no makeup makeup look.
9. Don't be afraid to try different colored eyeliners., just make sure you go for a color that compliments your eyes.
10. To try and control the wing in your look, draw a small triangle at the corner of the eye, with the angle that you are going for. Color it in, then line your upper eyelid.
11. To guarantee your eyeliner will last all night long, add a very light layer of eyeshadow on it.
12. To make your eyeliner really stand out and pop, apply a thin layer of white eyeshadow or blush to your eyelid, it will create a solid background.13. You can recreate the smokey eye look, with eyeliner. Apply a thick line of eyeliner to your upper lid, and do the same to your lower eyelid. Starting off from the inner corner of your eyes to the outer cornors.
14. Don't be afraid to try out different eyeliner looks, for example there is the cat-eye, the double winged eyeliner, the open wings etc..